Overview of partner offers in the Cloud Solution Provider program
- CSP partners
- Admin agent
- Global admin
- Sales agent
Microsoft partners in the Cloud Solution Provider program (CSP) have a growing catalog of offers available to them. You can sell the full range of Microsoft cloud services, as well as a variety of additional offers that change frequently. To see the CSP offers for the current month, sign in to Partner Center and then go to the Pricing and offers page.
Not yet enrolled in the Cloud Solution Provider program? Visit Cloud Solution Provider for more details about how to enroll.
As of January 31, 2020, all customers will need to have signed the Microsoft Customer Agreement. This includes your existing customers and new ones. To learn more, read Confirm customer acceptance of the Microsoft Customer Agreement
What you can sell through CSP
Currently, you can sell the following types of products and services to your CSP customers:
Customers can reserve space in advance on Azure virtual machines for a 1- or 3-year term.
For more information, see Sell Microsoft Azure Reserved VM Instances.
Customers can buy software subscriptions (to Windows Server and SQL Server, for a 1- or 3-year term, to run on Azure reserved VM instances).
For more information, see Sell software subscriptions through CSP.
Online services is the new name for what are currently referred to as subscriptions. To make it easier for you to order multiple types of products in one place, we've integrated the "add subscription" task flow into the "add products" task flow.
For more information, see Customer subscriptions.
Software as a Service (SaaS) and other Azure Marketplace products
You can sell subscriptions to SaaS products from Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). To see only SaaS offers in Online services, use the filters to set Publisher to Partner. This will show all SaaS offers that can be purchased for that customer.
You can also find info about these products on the Marketplace page.
This page also includes info about other types of products that must be purchased from the Azure portal, not Partner Center.
For more information, see Overview of the CSP commercial marketplace
Add products page details
The following list identifies each of the new areas on the Add products page.
Add products - This page includes all types of products available for you to sell to your customers
Product categories - Azure, Online services, Software Select the type of product you're interested in to display only those products
Segment - Identifies the general type of business, for example, commercial or government, that you want to sell to
Publisher - Select which types of products you want to see - apps created by Microsoft or by third-party publishers
Billing type - Identifies whether the product is billed for number of licenses or for usage
Category - Identifies the type of business the product supports and whether it offers a trial version
View SKU, view product - Select to toggle between product and SKU lists. The Products page lists each product individually; SKU lists product groups.
Buy CSP offers
To buy products and services on behalf of your CSP customers, you select the items the customer wants, add them to your cart, which creates an order, and then review and submit the order. The general process is described below. (For more information about orders for a specific product type, see the links above.)
A CSP offer needs to be available in both your tenant country and in your customer's tenant country. For example, if your tenant is located in Slovakia and the customer's tenant is in Germany, you won't be able to sell Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium to that customer, because this offer is currently not available in Slovakia.
Select Customers from the Partner Center menu and then locate the customer who wants to buy from you.
Select the down arrow at the end of the customer's row to expand the customer's record, and then select Add products. From here on out, you're creating an order. An order can include several items of different types, but they must all be for the same customer.
On the Add products page, select from Azure, Online services, or Software.
Fine-tune the available filters to more easily find the products you're looking for. To see the full list of what's available, set applicable filters to any.
Select the product the customer wants, enter the desired quantity, and then select Add to cart.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you've added all the necessary items to your cart. Select Review to verify that your order is correct.
On the Review your orders page, verify or change the products and the quantity and then select Buy to purchase the order.
The details of your order, including your order number, are displayed on the next page. Select Done to go to your Order history page.
Rules for special segments
Some license-based offers can only be purchased under certain conditions. Special segment offers include Education, Non-profit or Government Community Cloud (GCC) offers. Details about these purchase conditions can be found in the purchase rules for special segments topic.
Troubleshooting catalog purchases
There may be different reasons you cannot find the offer you are looking for in the catalog. Below are things to check if you cannot find the offer you expect.
- Verify your customer is qualified. Many offers require special qualifications to be sold to customers. These special segments include Education, Non-profit and Government Community Cloud (GCC). Before logging an issue, first verify the customer's qualifications are set accordingly. You can check this by click the customer from the customer list and viewing the account. The account will have a Special Qualification set if applicable. If you are trying to purchase Education for a customer that is not qualified, you will not see those offers in the catalog. Consult the special segments documenation for more information on qualifying your customers.
- Decide whether you are trying to purchase an Add-on or a Base-offer. Many of the license-based services such as Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365 enable both catalog purchases of the Base offers as well as Add-ons. Only base offers can be purchased in the catalog. To purchase Add-ons ensure you first purchase the Base offer in the catalog and then select the customer from the customer list and then select the subscription for the base offer. Add-ons can be applied to the base offer on this manage subscriptions page.
- Verify the products are available in your market. Many products and services are configured to only be sold to customers in specific countries. You can find the list of supported countries in the various price list files. License-based services supported countries are in the Offer List Matrix on the pricing and offers page.
- Verify the offers are available in the price list. The available list of offers can change from month to month. If you cannot find an offer in the catalog be sure to verify it is available in the current price lists in the Sell > Pricing and Offers page.
Recommended documents related to purchasing items in the Partner Center
- Pricing and offers in Partner Center
- Overview of partner offers in the Cloud Solution Provider program
- How to sell offers to education customers and create an education customer
- Sell to specialized industries like education, non-profit, and government users
- Purchase rules for special segments
For info about how the billing process works, see Billing basics.
For info about purchasing under the Azure plan, see Purchase the Azure plan.