Cloud Solution Provider program - selling in-demand cloud solutions
- Partner Center
The Cloud Solution Provider program (CSP) helps you go beyond reselling licenses to being more involved in your customer’s business.
- Deeper engagement with your customers – meeting regularly with your customers means you will develop a better understanding of their business and needs.
- Increase your profits – Offering increased support and billing services, whether on your own or through an indirect provider, opens up new revenue streams.
- Add value – You’ll be able to offer customers industry-specific solutions bundled with Microsoft products.
- Provide managed services – You’ll be well-positioned to meet customer demand for managed services.
Which CSP model is best for me?
Direct bill model
In the direct bill model, partners purchase Microsoft products and subscriptions directly from Microsoft and sell them directly to their customers through their in-house sales staff. Partners who already operate with, or are willing to develop, the appropriate sales, billing, and support infrastructure may choose the CSP direct model. The requirements to become a direct partner have recently been changed and will take effect as of August 31, 2018. Direct partners will need to meet the new requirements as of their next enrollment period after August 31, 2018.
New expanded requirements:
- Expand your support capabilities by purchasing one-on-one, prioritized cloud support with a Microsoft Advanced Support for Partners package. Or, choose a Microsoft Premier Support for Partners package to access the complete catalog of proactive services, 24/7 elevated break/fix support, and technical account management across cloud, hybrid, and on-premises.
Demonstrate that you provide at least one managed service, IP service, or customer solution application. Learn more about adding managed services
Meet the minimum infrastructure capabilities, such as billing and provisioning. We are monitoring annual performance to confirm that direct bill partners who meet these requirements are demonstrating steady business growth. There are no specific performance goals in place at this time, but Microsoft may implement a performance bar in the future.
An active Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) ID for the location you want to sell in
In the indirect model, providers (also known as distributors) purchase Microsoft products and subscriptions directly from Microsoft, but sell to customers through a network of indirect resellers. The prerequisites for enrolling in CSP as an indirect reseller include:
- An active Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) ID for the location you want to sell in
- The ability to sign legal agreements on behalf of your organization
- A relationship with an official Microsoft provider
Where can I sell through the CSP program?
The Cloud Solution Provider program is available in the regions and countries listed on the Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider markets and customer agreements page.
What can I sell through the CSP program?
You can sell the full range of Microsoft cloud services, as well as a variety of additional offers that change frequently. To see the CSP offers for the current month, sign in to the Partner Dashboard and then go to the Pricing and offers page.
|To find out about this||Read this|
|Requirements for each CSP model||Cloud Solution Provider program|
|Selling in Microsoft's national clouds||Apply to sell in Microsoft national clouds|
|Where and what you can sell||Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider markets and customer agreements|
|Tenant strategies in CSP|
|Indirect provider tasks on the Partner Dashboard||Partner with indirect resellers in the Cloud Solution Provider program|
|Indirect reseller tasks on the Partner Dashboard||Partner with indirect providers in the Cloud Solution Provider program|