Make a one-time purchase
- Partner Center
How to make a one-time purchase of software and reservation products such as software subscriptions, perpetual software, and Azure Reserved Virtual Machine (VM) Instances, using the Partner Center API.
To purchase perpetual software, you must have been previously qualified. Contact support for more information.
- Credentials as described in Partner Center authentication. This scenario supports authentication with both standalone App and App+User credentials.
- A customer identifier. If you do not have a customer's ID, you can look up the ID in Partner Center by choosing the customer from the customers list, selecting Account, then saving their Microsoft ID.
Make a one-time purchase
To make a one-time purchase, use the following steps:
- Enablement - (Azure Reserved VM Instance only) Register an active CSP Azure subscription to enable it for purchasing any reservation product.
- Discovery - Find and select the products and SKUs you want to purchase and check their availability.
- Order submission - Create a shopping cart with the items in your order and submit it.
- Get order details - Review the details of an order, all the orders for a customer, or view orders by billing cycle type.
After you have made your one-time purchase, the following scenarios show you how to manage the lifecycle of your products by getting information about your entitlements, and how to retrieve balance statements, invoices, and invoice summaries.
Once you have identified the active subscription that you want to add the Azure Reserved VM Instance to, you must register the subscription so that it is enabled. To register an existing Subscription resource so that it is enabled, see Register a subscription.
After registering your subscription, you should confirm that the registration process is completed by checking the registration status. To do this, see Get subscription registration status.
Once the subscription is enabled, you're ready to select products and SKUs and check their availability using the following Partner Center API models:
- Product - A grouping construct for purchasable goods or services. A product by itself is not a purchasable item.
- SKU - A purchasable Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) under a product. These represent the different shapes of the product.
- Availability - A configuration in which a SKU is available for purchase (such as country, currency and industry segment).
Before making a one-time purchase, complete the following steps:
Identify and retrieve the Product and SKU that you want to purchase. You can do this by listing the products and SKUs first, or If you already know the IDs of the product and SKU, selecting them.
Check the inventory for a SKU. This step is only needed for SKUs that are tagged with an InventoryCheck prerequisite.
To submit your order, do the following:
Create a cart to hold the collection of catalog items that you intend to buy. When you create a Cart, the cart line items are automatically grouped based on what can be purchased together in the same Order.
Check out the cart. Checking out a cart results in the creation of an Order.
Get order details
Once you have created your order, you can retrieve the details of an individual order using the order ID, or get a list of orders for a customer. Note that there is a delay of up to 15 minutes between the time an order is submitted and when it will appear in a list of a customer's orders.
To get the details of an individual order using the order ID. See, Get an order by ID.
To get a list of orders for a customer using the customer ID. See, Get all of a customer's orders.
To get a list of orders for a customer by billing cycle type allowing you to list orders (one-time charges) and annual or monthly billed orders separately. See, Get a list of orders by customer and billing cycle type.
As part of managing the lifecycle of your one-time purchases in Partner Center, you can retrieve information about your Entitlements, and get reservation details using the reservation order ID. For examples of how to do this, see Get entitlements.
Invoice and reconciliation
The following scenarios show you how to programmatically view your customer's invoices, and get your account balances and summaries that include one-time charges.
Balance and payment
To get current account balance in your default currency type that is a balance of both recurring and one-time charges, see Get your current account balance
Multi-currency balance and payment
To get your current account balance and a collection of invoice summaries containing an invoice summary with both recurring and one-time charges for each of your customer's currency types, see Get invoice summaries.
To get a collection of invoices that show both recurring and one time charges, see Get a collection of invoices.
To retrieve a specific invoice using the invoice ID, see Get an invoice by ID.
To get a collection of invoice line item details (Reconciliation line items) for a specific invoice ID, see Get invoice line items.
Download an invoice as a PDF
To retrieve an invoice statement in PDF form using an invoice ID, see Get an invoice statement.