Product Licenses report in the Partner Center Insights dashboard
Appropriate roles: Global admin | Admin agent | Report viewer | Executive report viewer
The Product Licenses report presents license analytics for license-based cloud products, such as Office 365, Dynamics, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Power BI, and others. Analytics presented here are associated with usage of the licenses that you have sold or that you manage for your customers. You can view the following sections from the Product Licenses report.
- Geographical spread of licenses
- License adds
- License distribution by partner locations, sales channel, SKUs, partner attach type, segment
This report is available from the Insights dashboard. To view this report, you must be assigned a specific role in Partner Center, such as Global admin, Account admin, Report viewer or Executive report viewer. For more information, see your company's Global admin. Specific types of data in this report may also be available only to users with Executive report fewer privileges.
The summary section provides a snapshot view of key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with cloud product licenses sold, deployed, and used. This helps you track the active usage against the licenses sold to your customers.
For more information about each section of the summary, see below:
- Current count of all licenses sold or managed by you for license-based cloud products, such as Office 365, Dynamics, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Power BI, and others.
- Percentage growth or decline of these licenses over the selected date range.
- License trend micro chart: The micro chart presents the month-over-month trend of license counts during the selected date range
- Current count of all assigned licenses of your customer.
- Percentage growth or decline of these licenses during the selected time period.
- License count micro chart: The micro chart presents the month-over-month trend of assigned license counts during the selected date range.
- The current count of all customer licenses with any active usage over the last 30 days during the selected date range.
- Percentage growth or decline of these licenses during the selected date range.
- The Micro chart presents the month-over-month trend of licenses counts during the selected date range.
Geographical spread of licenses
The Licenses geographical spread view shows the geographical distribution of current licenses and active licenses by customer markets. (The Current licenses count also includes unassigned licenses.)
Number of countries/region presents the total countries/regions where you have current and active customer licenses.
You can search and select a country in the grid to zoom to the location in the map. Press the Home option on the map to revert to the default view. Hover on the map to view current licenses and active licenses by customer country. Both fields on the grid are sortable.
This view shows the trend of licenses added during the selected date range.
To present the trend by product and service/workload, select a Product at the top of the screen and a service/workload from the SKUs dropdown list.
The X-axis represents months of the selected date range. The Y-axis represents the count of licenses added. To zoom into a specific period, use the slider on the top of the chart.
This view shows a breakdown of your customer licenses by product and customer country/region. When you select a product in the License by product pie chart, the adjacent chart will show you a license breakdown by customer region.
For more reports, see Partner Center Insights.
You can download the raw data powering this report from the Download Reports section in the Insights dashboard. Learn More