Provide billing support
- Partner Center
- Partner Center for Microsoft Cloud for US Government
- Partner Center for Microsoft Cloud Germany
You own the billing relationship with your customers and you're responsible for answering billing-related questions from your customers.
- You are responsible for on-time payment to Microsoft.
- We recommend establishing a clear collections policy with customers that details your collections process and when access to the customer's subscriptions, services, or software will be impacted.
- If necessary, you can disable your customer's access to a product for non-payment.
Microsoft partner support guidance
Partners transacting in the CSP model are the trusted advisor to their customers and own the relationship end-to-end, including support when their customer has a question or issue. Through support touch points partners can learn more about the customer, and their business, to identify new services and solutions that drive value.
To fulfill the support requirement, the partner may resell support from another entity, they may outsource all or part of their support structure and/or they may set up a structure to provide support directly. The partner may charge for all or part of the support provided to customers. The partner should articulate to their customers the support they will provide, the service hours and contact method, as well as the pricing (if charging for support).
Partners are required to receive incoming support requests from customers, diagnose issues to the best of the partner’s ability and then resolve issues that are within scope of the baseline support boundaries. If the partner is unable to resolve an issue, they can escalate issues to Microsoft via the following support vehicles:
- Commercial issue support is available to all partners in the CSP program
- Technical issue support is available through:
- Premier Support for Partners (fee base)
- Advanced Support for Partners (fee base)
- Signature Cloud Support (included with Gold/Silver competency)
Providing billing, subscription management, and technical support
Each online service has specific and detailed requirements for providing billing, subscription management, and technical support to customers. Refer to the following documents for more information.