Profile+ sample app (preview)
[This article is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.]
In this tutorial, learn about the Profile+ sample app, and how to use the app effectively.
The Profile+ sample app for Microsoft Teams provides a simple way to browse information about people in your organization and add more detail to your profile.
Benefits of using the Profile+ app:
- Browse your organization hierarchy.
- View contact information for employees and colleagues.
- Add additional information about goals, related projects, and expertise.
- Create and view open positions.
- Before you can use this app, you may be asked for your permissions to use the connection. More information: Allow connections in sample apps
- This app is available in three different Teams themes: Default, Dark and High contrast. When you change the theme in Teams, the app automatically updates to match the selected theme. More information: Get the Teams theme using the Teams integration object
Before using this app:
- Install the app by sideloading the manifest in Microsoft Teams. You can download the manifest from https://aka.ms/TeamsProfilePlus. For more information and help with installing this app, read the documentation available with the app manifest.
- Set up the app for the first use.
- This is a preview feature.
- Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have restricted functionality. These features are available before an official release so that customers can get early access and provide feedback.
Open the Profile+ app
To open the Profile+ app:
Sign-in to Teams.
Select the Team.
Select the channel where you installed the Profile+ app.
Select the Profile+ tab.
Select Allow if the app asks for your permissions to use the connectors.
You can learn more about extending app capability on the splash screen. Select Got it to close the screen, and go to the app. To hide this message while opening this app again, select Don't show this again before you select Got it.
Understand the Profile+ interface
The Profile+ app gives you easy access to details about the people of your company, details about their goals, projects, and open positions.
Search for people - find people in your organization
Filter profile - filter profiles based on projects and areas of expertise.
View your profile
Edit your profile
- Add details about your position such as social media and interests.
- Add tags for projects in areas of expertise.
- Define goals.
- Add a video with more information about your role.
Edit the app in Power Apps Studio - Profile+ is built in Microsoft Power Apps. You can edit the app using Power Apps Studio in Microsoft Teams. When you select the Built with Power Apps button, the app launches Power Apps Studio for you to make changes to the app.
Search for a person
To find a person in your organization:
Open Microsoft Teams and select the Team in which the Profile+ app is added.
Select the Profile+ tab.
Select the search field.
Enter the name of the person you want to find.
People in your organization matching the search keywords will be displayed. Select a person you want.
The profile of the selected person will be displayed. From this screen you can see information about the person’s goals, interests, projects, and areas of expertise. You can also view information about the selected person’s manager, and others who report to the selected person, including any open positions.
Filter by project or expertise
You can filter the list of people in your organization based on project and area of expertise. You can filter by project, expertise, or both project and expertise.
Select the filter button.
From the pop-up select project or expertise.
People matching the selected filters will be displayed.
Edit your information
You can edit your record to add additional information about your goals, projects, area of expertise, and interests.
On your profile, select Edit from the right-side of the screen.
Update details for areas such as About, Goals, Interests, and Open Positions.
Add an open position
Open positions allow you to give visibility to positions needing to be filled, making it easy for others in your organization to learn about open positions.
Go to your profile.
Select Edit from the right-side of the screen.
Select the Open Positions tab.
Select Add open position.
Enter the Job title, Job link, and Job description.
Open positions now appear in Profile+ linked to the manager responsible for them.
Edit the Profile+ app in Power Apps
In Microsoft Teams, go to the team in which Profile+ is added.
Open the Profile+ tab.
In lower right corner, select Built with Power Apps.
Select Customize using Power Apps.
Microsoft Teams desktop app opens Power Apps app interface.
Select Profile+ app from the Recent apps section to edit the app using Power Apps Studio. If the app doesn't show up in Recent apps section, use the Build hub to open the app in Studio.
Submit and view feedback for