Display images in a table, matrix, or slicer in a report
A good way to enhance your reports is to add images to them. Static images on the page are good for some purposes. But sometimes you want images that relate to the data in your report. This topic teaches you how to display images in a table, matrix, slicer, or multi-row card.
Add images to your report
Create a column with the URLs of the images. See Considerations later in this article for requirements.
Select that column. On the Column tools ribbon, for Data category, select Image URL.
Add the column to a table, matrix, slicer, or multi-row card.
Add images from OneDrive
Images in your report need to be anonymously accessible. On OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.
On your OneDrive site, open an image and select More options (...) > Embed.
Copy the URL and paste it in the Image URL column.
Add images from OneDrive for Business
Your organization may not allow displaying images stored on OneDrive for Business. If they do allow it, follow these steps.
- In OneDrive for Business, open an image and select View original.
- Copy the URL that generates.
- Select Anyone with the link to generate a sharing link that anyone can view, so that it has anonymous access set.
- The image needs to be in one of these file formats: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .svg
- The URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.
More questions? Try the Power BI Community