What's new in the latest Power BI Desktop update?
February 2019 Update (2.65.5313.501)
Our February updates will make you swoon and love all our new data connectors, features, and analytics enhancements. Just like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get... but with this February update, they're all sweet and downright delicious.
You can now download the latest version of Power BI Desktop. If you're running Windows 10, you can also get Power BI Desktop from the Windows Store. The monthly versions are the same even though the version numbering may differ between the two, regardless of which way you install Power BI Desktop. See this article for more information.
The links beside each update mean the following:
- [video] excerpts play in a new browser tab, when the feature is being discussed.
- Some features have an [article] that provides more detail.
- Most features are explained in the monthly update [blog] post.
- Lastly, some features are self-explanatory and don't need and article or video.
You can also watch the Latest Updates video from the beginning, right inside this article, by clicking on the play icon on the video image found below the list of updates.
The following updates are new to Power BI Desktop this month:
- Updates to the new filter pane (preview) [video] [blog]
- Cross-highlight on a single point in line charts [video] [blog]
- Word wrap on titles [video] [blog]
- Update default visual interaction to cross-filter [video] [blog]
- Rounded corners for visual borders [video] [blog]
- Key influencers visual (preview) [video] [blog]
- Insights questions in Q&A [video] [blog]
- Auto-generated suggested questions for Q&A explorer [video] [blog]
- Improved Python & R script editor [video] [blog]
- Microsoft Graph Security [video] [blog]
- Guidanz' BI Connector for OBIEE [video] [blog]
- MarkLogic [video] [blog]
- Kronos Workforce Dimensions [video] [blog]
- SurveyMonkey [video] [blog]
- Qubole Presto [video] [blog]
- Quick Base [video] [blog]
- Sagra Emigo [video] [blog]
You can also check out all the data sources available to Power BI Desktop; our list is always growing, so check back often.
Want more information about these updates? Take a look at the blog post, where you can get more detailed information about each of these new features (this is the same blog post references in the list above).
The following video channel describes and shows each of these updates. You can also see the videos from the blog post.
Like learning about Power BI through videos and other engaging content? Check out the following collection of video sources and content.
- Power BI channel - Power BI on YouTube
- Guy in a Cube channel - fresh videos on Power BI features and capabilities
- Guided Learning for Power BI - a sequential learning tour of Power BI, in bite-size pieces
Previous months' updates
Looking for previous months' updates? You can find them in the Power BI Desktop Monthly Updates archive article.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.