Edit or remove a dashboard tile
You can change the look and default behavior of a tile in a dashboard.
This article covers the following.
- Pin a tile to a different dashboard
- Rename a tile
- Move a tile
- Resize a tile
- Add a hyperlink to a tile
To change the visualization shown on the tile itself, delete the tile and add a new dashboard tile.
How to begin
Open a dashboard that has at least one tile.
Hover over a dashboard tile and select the ellipses to display the options.
Pin the tile to a dashboard
- Select the Pin tile icon .
Decide whether to pin to an existing dashboard or to a new dashboard.
- Select Pin.
Rename the tile and edit tile details
Select the Tile details icon to edit the title and display last refresh time.
Move the tile
Select and hold the tile to drag it to a new location on the dashboard canvas.
Resize the tile
You can make tiles many different sizes -- from 1x1 tile units up to 5x5. Select and drag the handle (in the bottom right corner) to resize the tile.
Change the default hyperlink
By default, selecting a tile takes you to the report where the tile was created or to Q&A (if the tile was created in Q&A). To link to a webpage, another dashboard or report (in the same workspace), an SSRS report, or other online content - add a custom link:
- Select the Edit details icon to edit the tile.
Place a checkmark next to Set custom link and select the link type.
- For an external link, enter the URL.
- To link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace, select it from the dropdown menu.
Delete the tile
- Select the Delete tile icon to delete the tile. Deleting a tile does not delete the underlying report or visualization.
More questions? Try the Power BI Community