Control the use of datasets across workspaces (Preview)
Using datasets across workspaces is a powerful way to drive data culture and data democratization within an organization. Still, if you're a Power BI admin, sometimes you want to restrict the flow of information within your Power BI tenant. With the tenant setting Use datasets across workspaces, you can restrict dataset reuse either completely or partially per security groups.
If you turn off this setting, here are the effects on report creators:
- The button to copy reports across workspaces isn't available.
- In a report based on a shared dataset, the Edit report button isn't available.
- In the Power BI service, the discovery experience only shows datasets in the current workspace.
- In Power BI Desktop, the discovery experience only shows datasets from workspaces where you're a member.
- In Power BI Desktop, if users open a .pbix file with a live connection to a dataset outside any workspaces they are a member of, they see an error message asking them to connect to a different dataset.
Provide a link for the certification process
As a tenant admin, you can provide a URL for the Learn more link on the Endorsement setting page. This link can go to documentation about your certification process. If you don't provide a destination for the Learn more link, by default it points to the dataset certification article.