API to export report to PowerPoint, PDF, and JPEG
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|End users by admins, makers, or analysts||Feb 2020||-|
Developers will be able to provide their users with the option to export their data in PowerPoint, PDF, and JPEG formats in two main scenarios:
- Interactive mode: End users interact with a report and export their own view of the data.
- Non-interactive mode: Offline generation of snapshots distributed to different people in the organization.
The following capabilities will be supported:
- Export report for both Power BI and non-Power BI users (SaaS and PaaS embed scenarios)
- Export user context (the screenshot will include applied filters, cross filters, etc.)
- Export including row-Level security (RLS)
- Export a single page or entire report