Improvements to entity designer
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Admins, makers, or analysts, automatically||Aug 28, 2019||-||Oct 2, 2019|
The new entity designer for Common Data Service lets makers create and edit app components, such as entities, fields, and relationships more quickly. Some notable feature improvements to the entity designer include the ability to:
- Create the entity in the background so the maker can proceed with adding fields and relationships and make key changes while the entity, its default forms, and views are created. These additional changes can be saved after the entity is created.
- Modify the primary field properties along with the entity definition.
- Add fields for the new image and file data types.
- Make changes to the managed properties.
- Add, edit, delete, and view data in the updated and accessible Data tab.
- Add or edit data in Microsoft Excel using the Edit data in Excel command.
These enhancements will further improve the usability, convenience, and productivity for makers.