New, improved global search experience in model-driven apps
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|End users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||-||Oct 2020|
Global search experience in model-driven apps is easy, intuitive, and modern. Prominent search bar, zero query experience with suggestions on recent searches and records, automatic record suggestions based on the typed query, improvements to the search results page, and high-quality results allow users to search for their information easily and quickly. Improvements to search experience will be available for users using relevance search on desktop.
High level details:
- When relevance search is enabled on the environment then it will be available by default to users.
- Prominent and globally discoverable search bar in the header.
- Zero query experience with support for recent searches and recently accessed records.
- Automatic suggestions of records based on the typed query.
- New, improved search results page with easy display and selection of records.
- High quality results with improved ranking and support for basic capabilities, such as spell check.