New, improved global search experience in model-driven apps
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Power Platform product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||-||Nov 8, 2020|
The global search experience in model-driven apps is easy, intuitive, and modern. The prominent search bar, zero query experience with suggestions about recent searches and records, automatic record suggestions based on the typed query, improvements to the search results page, and high-quality results allow users to search for their information easily and quickly. Improvements to the search experience will be available for users using relevance search on desktop.
High-level details include:
- Relevance search available by default to users, when enabled on the environment.
- Prominent and globally discoverable search bar in the header.
- Zero query experience with support for recent searches and recently accessed records.
- Automatic suggestions for records based on the typed query.
- New, improved search results page with easy display and selection of records.
- High-quality results with improved ranking and support for basic capabilities, such as a spell checker.