Sample: Early-bound entity operations
This sample shows how to create, retrieve, update, and delete operations on an account using the early bound class. This sample uses the following common methods:
You can download the sample from here.
How to run this sample
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the Common Data Service instance you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which Common Data Service instance you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
Those samples in this repo that require a connection to a Common Data Service instance to run will include a linked reference to the cds/App.config file.
What this sample does
IOrganizationService message is intended to be used in a scenario where it provides programmatic access to the metadata and data for an organization.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks the current version of the org.
- Creates the sample account records required for this sample.
- Instantiate an account object.
- Retrieves the account containing its attributes .
- Rettrieves the version number of the account.
- Updates the account with postal1 code attribute.
Display an option to delete the records created in the Setup.
The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the entities and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.