Sample: Retrieve multiple with the QueryByAttribute class
How to run this sample
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the Common Data Service instance you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which Common Data Service instance you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
Those samples in this repo that require a connection to a Common Data Service instance to run will include a linked reference to the cds/App.config file.
What this sample does
QueryByAttribute class is intended to be used in a scenario where it contains a query that is expressed as a set of attribute and value pairs.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
Accountmethod creates 2 account records.
QueryByAttributemethod creates query using QueryByAttribute.
- Displays an option to delete all the data created in the sample.
The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the data created by the sample. You can manually delete the data to achieve same results.