Limitations of controls in canvas apps
In this article, learn about the general limitations of the controls used in canvas apps. In addition, limitations of controls in Teams lists the control limitations applicable to apps played inside Microsoft Teams. For more information about environments, go to Types of environments.
- On iOS, the camera control is supported in the Power Apps for mobile app. It's not supported within the browser or Teams Mobile.
- On Android, the camera control isn't supported in Teams Mobile.
- When using Internet Explorer, the camera control isn't supported. Microsoft Edge is recommended.
- When using desktop browsers, the barcode scanner isn't supported. Use the Power Apps for mobile app.
Image control - only supports external media URLs using HTTPS.
Limitations of controls in Teams
This section lists limitations of canvas apps controls for apps within Microsoft Teams.
Apps made with Power Apps in a Dataverse for Teams environment can't be opened outside of Teams. To use controls like Camera, upgrade your Power Apps license so that the app can be opened outside of Teams—for example—in the Power Apps mobile app.
Limitations of specific controls
Barcode control - the barcode scanner control isn't supported in Teams Mobile.
Microphone control - the following conditions apply when using the Microphone control in apps created using Power Apps on Teams Mobile:
- The audio format for microphone recordings in Teams will always be AAC with a file extension of .MP4.
- Teams has its own recording experience. The microphone control inside apps created using Power Apps will be disabled during the recording period.
- Microphone recordings are limited to a maximum duration of 10 minutes.
The following controls aren't supported by apps embedded in Teams:
- Address Input
- Camera (in Teams Mobile)
- Mixed reality (View in MR, View shape in MR, Measure in MR)
- Power BI tile control
- Web barcode scanner control