Show information about a PowerApps user in a canvas app
In PowerApps, show the full name, the email address, and the picture that's associated with the user who's signed in to a canvas app. You can use this information, for example, to automatically fill in a form.
For example, you can use this feature to:
- Create a sign-up "sheet" for users to attend training, volunteer for events, check in at a kiosk, and more.
- Display the full name on a Human Resources app.
- Automatically enter an email address when contacting your helpdesk.
Basically, you can use this anywhere users would benefit from a form or labels that are populated automatically
- Sign up for PowerApps.
- Sign in using the same credentials that you used to sign up.
- Under Make your own app, hover over the Canvas app from blank tile, select the phone icon, and then select Make this app.
- Learn how to add and configure controls.
Show user details
On the Insert tab, click or tap Media, and then click or tap Image.
Set the Image property to this formula:
On the Insert tab, click or tap Text, and then click or tap Label:
Set the Text property to this formula:
When you do this, the label is automatically populated with your full name. Move the label so it's below the image control, similar to the following:
Add another label, and set its Text property to this formula:
When you do this, the label is automatically populated with your email address. Move the label so it's below the first label, similar to the following: