Edit a canvas app embedded on a model-driven form
This topic explains how to edit a canvas app embedded on a model-driven form.
Edit the canvas app directly
You can edit a canvas app embedded on a model-driven form just like any other canvas app. For steps on editing a canvas app see: Edit a canvas app
Edit the canvas app via the host model-driven form
An alternate option is to edit the embedded canvas app via the host model-driven form.
Imagine that you want to edit a canvas app embedded on a form named Account Main Form for the Accounts entity. To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to PowerApps.
- Edit the form named Account Main Form for the Accounts entity.
- In the command bar, select Switch to classic to open the form in the classic form designer.
- In the classic form designer, select the field that is customized to display the embedded canvas app.
- With the field selected, on the Home tab in the Edit group, select Change Properties.
- On the Field Properties dialog box, select the Controls tab.
- In the Field Properties dialog box, in the list of controls select Canvas app.
- In the section below the controls list, select Customize to edit the canvas app. This opens the canvas app for editing, in PowerApps Studio, in a new tab.
If opening PowerApps Studio is blocked due to a web browser pop-up blocker you must enable the make.powerapps.com site or temporarily disable the pop-up blocker and then select Customize again.
- When you are done making changes, select the File tab, and then select Save.
- To make your changes available to end-users select Publish and then select Publish this version.
Embed a canvas app on a model-driven form
Add an embedded canvas app on a model-driven form
Customize the screen size and orientation of a canvas app embedded on a model-driven form
Perform predefined actions on the host form from within an embedded canvas app
ModelDrivenFormIntegration control's properties and actions
Share an embedded canvas app
Guidelines on working with embedded canvas apps
Migrating embedded canvas apps on model-driven forms created using the public preview release to latest