What's new in PowerApps
For information about known limitations, see Common issues and resolutions.
- Select multiple values for the same field in SharePoint lists.
- View and download attachment in SharePoint lists.
- Customize SharePoint list forms using PowerApps.
- Rename rules in an app and show rules when the selected control is in the rule condition.
- Show all rules in an app, not just those for the selected control.
- Add icons that app creators requested the most.
- Improved performance of apps on Android and iOS devices.
- After you save an app for the first time, additional changes are saved every two minutes automatically by default.
- Easily create rules for conditional formatting without writing expressions - just set your condition and then design the results right on the PowerApps canvas.
- More easily configure forms, galleries, and data tables with a full-height data pane that pops out when a control is added.
- Get contextual quick-tips to help you create an app, whether starting from a blank app, a template, a data source, or SharePoint.
- For apps that you create, track usage in an embedded dashboard from Power BI.
- Use a delimiter to break a text string into parts by using the Split function.
- Download a list of apps used in your organization.
- Delegate Sum, Average, Min, and Max functions for SQL Server.
- Display a Power BI tile inside an app.
- Use the Coalesce function to more easily replace a blank value but leave other values as they were.
- Use the EndsWith function to test whether a text string ends another text string.
- Use the And, Or, or Not operator in a formula.
- Configure properties of controls more easily by using the right-hand pane.
- Set an input control’s DisplayMode property to support showing data, editing data, or neither.
- Reset an input control to its default value by using the Reset function.
- Create global variables by using the Set function.
- Show, create, or edit a record in the same form.
- Save changes to a shared app, and then publish them later.
- Add prepopulated galleries that have rich layouts and that automatically show data from some of the most commonly used standard entities in the Common Data Service.
- Customize the columns in a Data table control, and copy and paste that type of control.
- In PowerApps Studio for web, undo/redo changes, and create/edit flows.
- Specify a SharePoint list by name if isn't listed by default.
- Configure a form control by using an improved UI.
- Run a behavior formula when an app opens.
- Identify and select controls more easily by navigating a cascading list of screens.
- Easily create forms with multiple columns using a new capability of the Display form and Edit form controls.
- Improvements to data tables, including support for static data sources, default fields, and column resizing for app users.
- Format dates more easily, and convert between local time and UTC.
- Simultaneous edits that corrupt apps are prevented.
- Build skills in an individual environment (always free).