Work with records in the new calendar view
The new calendar view displays scheduled activities and their associated details. You can view, create, and delete your activities in a day, week, or month view. For the new calendar view to be visible, the Calendar Control V2 control must be added to an entity view by a system customizer or a system administrator. The Calendar Control V2 control can be added to any entity.
By default, records are displayed in a read-only grid. When the Calendar Control V2 control is added to an entity and the view is changed to the calendar view, records associated with the entity will be displayed in an interactive calendar.
Switch to the new calendar view
The calendar view is made available when the calendar control is added to an entity view. If the calendar view isn't visible, contact your system customizer or a system administrator.
To switch to the new calendar view
In the site map, select an item. For example, Activities.
On the command bar, select the More commands icon, and then select Show As > Calendar Control V2.
The activities are displayed in the new calendar view.
Work with the new calendar view
Using the new calendar view, you can:
- Change the calendar view.
- View details of a calendar item.
- Create and delete records from the calendar.
- Search through records.
Change the calendar view
You can choose from these calendar views:
- Month: View the entire month.
- Week: View the week from Sunday through Saturday, by default. You can change the first day of the week in system settings.
- Day: View the current day.
To change the view
On the navigation bar of the calendar, select the view you're currently in: Month, Day, or Week.
Select the view you want to change to.
If you want to set a calendar view as the default view, you do that through personalization settings.
View details of a calendar item
You can view a summary of a record by selecting it in the calendar. A pop-up window opens and displays the summary information.
Record details for an activity
Record details for an opportunity
If you want to view complete details about the record, select More Details in the pop-up window.
This view is not customizable. If you would like to customize this view, add your suggestion here.
Create and delete records from the calendar
The new calendar view allows you to create and delete records from the calendar.
To create a record
In the calendar, double-click a date tile (in Month view) or select a time slot (in Day or Week view) in which you want to create a record.
Depending on the entity on which the calendar control was added, an appropriate New form is opened. For example, if you're viewing leads, a form to create a new lead is opened. If you're viewing opportunities, a form to create a new opportunity is opened.
- When you add the new calendar control on the Activity entity, an appointment is created when you create a record from the calendar. The start and end times are filled-in automatically as per the selected date tile or time slots. By default, the duration is set to 30 minutes.
- When you add the new calendar control on an entity other than Activity, the corresponding entity record is created when you create a record from the calendar.
- You can also create a new record by selecting and dragging across time slots in Day or Week view.
Enter the detail, and then save the record.
To delete a record
On the calendar, select the record you want to delete.
Select Delete in the pop-up window.
Search through records
You can use the Search box to filter the records in the calendar based on a search term. For example, when you enter the keyword Meeting, it refreshes the calendar view to show only the records where the title begins with Meeting.