User guide for model-driven apps running on the Power Apps mobile app
Use the Power Apps mobile app to run model-driven apps on your mobile device. For more information about how to install and get started with an app, see Run canvas apps and model-driven apps on a mobile device.
Model-driven apps for Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, and Dynamics 365 Field Service don't run in the Power Apps mobile app. Instead, you use the Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets app. For more information, see User Guide for Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets.
It's easy to get around in the Power Apps mobile app. The following illustration shows the primary navigation elements on the Home screen.
- Site map: Open the menu and move between apps, get to your favorite and recently used records, access settings, and more.
- Search: Search for app records in Common Data Service.
- New: Create a new record and quickly enter almost any type of information into the system.
- Relationship Assistant: Use the assistant to monitor and track daily actions and communications. It helps you stay on top of your day with insight cards that are displayed prominently throughout the app to provide tailored and actionable insights.
From the Home screen, select the site map to access entities, favorite or most-used records, other apps, and settings.
The following illustration shows the primary navigation elements on the site map screen.
- App selector: Open this menu to close your app and switch to another app.
- Home screen: Select this to go back to the Home screen.
- Profile: Go to the Profile screen to sign out or reconfigure the app.
- Recent records: View a list of records you were recently using.
- Pinned records: View and open your favorite (pinned) records.
- Entity navigator: This area lists the entity available in the app.
- Help: Access help content for more information about how to use the Power Apps mobile app.
- Offline status: Work with your data in offline mode, even when you don't have internet access. More information: Work offline on your mobile device
- Settings: Access settings.
Pin favorite records
The Pinned and Recent lists provide quick access to records that you've recently used or pinned to favorites. Use the Recent list to pin favorite records.
From the site map , select Recent .
On the Recent records screen, select the push-pin icon next to a record to add it to your favorites (pinned records).
To view the newly pinned records, select , and then select Pinned .
Unpin a record
From the site map , select Pinned .
Select the remove-pin icon next to a record to remove it from favorites (pinned records).
From the Home screen, select the down arrow next to the current view, and then select a new view.
Add a record quickly
From the Home screen, select New .
Fill in the fields, and then select Save.
After the record is created, you can view the new record.
To save and open the record that you created, select More , and then select Save and Open.
To save and create another record, select More , and then select Save and Create new.
View commands for a record (Android)
From the Home screen, open a record.
On the open record, select More to access more commands.
Edit a record
From the Home screen, open a record that you want to edit.
When you're done editing the record, select Save. To cancel your changes, select Discard.
Go back to the Home screen
To get back to the Home screen when you're in a record, select Back .
At any point, press and hold Back to go back to the Home screen.
From the site map , select the profile icon , and then select Sign out.