Built-In Desired State Configuration Resources for Linux
Resources are building blocks that you can use to write a PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) script. DSC for Linux comes with a set of built-in functionality for configuring resources such as files and folders, packages, environment variables, and services and processes.
The following table provides a list of these resources and links to topics that describe them in detail.
- nxArchive Resource--Provides a mechanism to unpack archive (.tar, .zip) files at a specific path.
- nxEnvironment Resource--Manages environment variables on target nodes.
- nxFile Resource--Manages Linux files and directories.
- nxFileLine Resource--Manages individual lines in a Linux file.
- nxGroup Resource--Manages local Linux groups.
- nxPackage Resource--Manages packages on Linux nodes.
- nxScript Resource--Runs scripts on target nodes.
- nxService Resource--Manages Linux services (daemons).
- nxSshAuthorizedKeys Resource--Manages public ssh keys for a Linux user.
- nxUser Resource--Manages local Linux users.