The PowerShell Gallery
The PowerShell Gallery is the central repository for PowerShell content. You can find new PowerShell commands or Desired State Configuration (DSC) resources in the Gallery.
The PowerShellGet module contains cmdlets for discovering, installing, updating and publishing PowerShell artifacts such as Modules, DSC Resources, Role Capabilities and Scripts from the PowerShell Gallery and other private repositories.
Getting Started with the Gallery
Installing items from the Gallery requires the latest version of the PowerShellGet module, which is available in Windows 10, in Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0, or in the MSI-based installer (for PowerShell 3 and 4).
With the latest PowerShellGet module, you can:
- Search through items in the Gallery with Find-Module and Find-Script
- Save items to your system from the Gallery with Save-Module and Save-Script
- Install items from the Gallery with Install-Module and Install-Script
- Upload items to the Gallery with Publish-Module and Publish-Script
- Add your own custom repository with Register-PSRepository
Check out the Getting Started page for more information on how to use PowerShellGet commands with the Gallery. You can also run Update-Help -Module PowerShellGet to install local help for these commands.
Supported Operating Systems
The PowerShellGet module requires PowerShell 3.0 or newer.
Therefore, PowerShellGet requires one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
PowerShellGet also requires .NET Framework 4.5 or above. You can install .NET Framework 4.5 or above from here.