Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0 RTM Release Notes Overview
WMF 5.0 is superceeded by WMF 5.1. Users with WMF 5.0 must upgrade to WMF 5.1 to receive support. Please follow the installation intructions of WMF 5.1
Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0 RTM brings functionality that has been updated from WMF 4.0. WMF 5.0 RTM is available for installation only on Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 SP1 and contains updated versions or introduction of the following features:
- Windows PowerShell
- Just Enough Administration (JEA)
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE)
- Windows PowerShell Web Services (Management OData IIS Extension)
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM)
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
WMF 5.0 RTM replaces the WMF 5.0 Production Preview. You can install WMF 5.0 RTM without uninstalling WMF 5.0 Production Preview, but you must uninstall all other older releases of WMF 5.0 previews before installing the WMF 5.0 RTM.
Note: If you are running Windows 10, you can get the same set of functionality available in WMF 5.0 RTM by updating to the November update of Windows 10 (Version 1511). If you have not already updated your Windows 10 system, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.