Microsoft Standards for Provisioning Windows Mobile-Based Devices
The Class C Conformance Requirements from the Wireless Application Protocol provisioning standards were used as guidelines for Windows Mobile Version 5.0 provisioning. The referenced Wireless Access Protocol provisioning standard specifications are from version 2.0 and are available from the from this OMA website.
The following standards were used as guidelines for the implementation of Microsoft provisioning:
- Provisioning Bootstrap (OMA Provisioning Bootstrap Specification Version 1.1 )
- Provisioning Content (OMA Provisioning Content specification Version 1.1)
- Push Message (WAP Push Message Specification Version 16-August-1999)
- WAP Push over the air (OTA) Protocol (WAP Push OTA Protocol Specification Version 17-Feb-2000)
- WBXML (WAP Binary XML Content Format Specification Version 1.3, 25 July 2001)
- Wireless Session Protocol (WSP) (WAP Wireless Session Protocol Specification Version 4-May-2000)
- WBXML (WAP Binary XML Content Format Specification Version 1.3)
- Service Indication (WAP Service Indication Specification Version 08-Nov-1999) This standard is a guideline for provisioning Windows Mobile-based Smartphones only.
- Service Loading (WAP Service Loading Specification Version 08-Nov-1999) This standard is a guideline for provisioning Windows Mobile-based Smartphones only.
The following topics describe the features that are referenced:
- APPLICATION Characteristic Features
- Provisioning Bootstrap Features
- Provisioning Content Features
- Push Message Features
- WAP Push OTA Protocol Features
- WAP Binary XML Content Format Features
- Wireless Session Protocol Features
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors