Making a Voice Call Using Connection Manager
To make a voice call, Connection Manager and the voice application complete the following steps:
- The voice application, such as Dialer or Contacts, calls tapiRequestMakeCall or ConnMgrProviderMessage with the TPC_REQ_DIAL_VOICE constant set.
- The connection service provider voice connection service provider module creates a connection request and passes it to Connection Manager.
- Connection Manager passes the connection request to Connection Planner.
- Because of the high priority of a voice call, Connection Planner causes Connection Manager to disconnect any active data calls.
- Connection Manager opens a voice connection.
- The application calls the Connect method in the connection service provider Voice (CSPVoice) module. The connection is now established.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors