VALUES Attribute | values Property
Sets or retrieves a list of values of an animation.
HTML <ELEMENT VALUES = vValues... > Scripting [ vValues = ] object.values [ = val ]
vValues Variant that specifies or receives a list of values. The values are semicolon delimited, and are applied over the course of the animation in the order they appear. This value can include any of the following length unit designators:
pc. For more information about the supported length units, see CSS Length Units Reference.
The property is read/write. The property has no default value.
When writing script to dynamically change the properties of an active animation, results might be unpredictable or undefined. Restart the animation with beginElement after you have made the change. The following example shows how to use beginElement.
<SCRIPT> object.endElement(); object.values="50,50;10,10"; object.beginElement(); </SCRIPT>
- The path property overrides any setting for the values property, the from property, the to property, or the by property.
- The values property, if specified, overrides any setting for the from property, the to property, or the by property.
- The from property is used, unless the values property or the path property is specified.
- The to property, if specified, overrides any setting for the by property.
- The by property doesn't override any properties.
The following script shows how to change an active animation from a path to a values list.
<SCRIPT> object.endElement(); object.path=null; object.values="100,100;0,0"; object.beginElement(); </SCRIPT>
This property is defined in Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL) 2.0 .