Walkthroughs (Creating and Updating Version-controlled Databases)
The walkthroughs in this section introduce you to creating, updating, and deploying changes to your databases. Each walkthrough focuses on one of multiple processes that you follow to create and manage ongoing changes to your databases.
In This Section
- Walkthrough: Create and Deploy a New Version-controlled Database
Explains how you create a database project and database objects and then deploy that database to a server.
- Walkthrough: Put an Existing Database under Version Control
Explains how you create a database project, import the schema from an existing database, and then put that database under version control.
- Walkthrough: Modify Database Objects
Explains how you use the Transact-SQL editor to modify objects in your database project.
- Walkthrough: Deploy Changes to an Existing Version-controlled Database
Explains how you deploy updates from a database project that is under version control to a database server.
- Walkthrough: Modify Database Projects by using the Visual Studio Automation Model
Explains how you can modify build actions and add scripts to your database project using the Visual Studio automation model.
- Getting Started with Database Projects
Contains topics that describe how you create and update the database project for a new or existing version-controlled database. This process includes importing a schema from an existing database or script into a database project.
- Building and Deploying Version-controlled Databases
Contains topics that describe how you build and deploy changes to a new or existing database schema that is under version control.
- Terminology Overview of Team Edition for Database Professionals
Describes terminology associated with the features of Team Edition for Database Professionals.