A version of this page is also available for
The Power Manager control panel manages device power, improves overall OS power efficiency, and coexists with applications and drivers that do not support Power Manager.
In this discussion, device refers to a peripheral device with a device driver. It does not refer to an entire system such as a target mobile device.
You can use power management to reduce the power consumption of a device and maintain and preserve the state of the file system in RAM in the Reset, On, Idle, and Suspend power states.
Power Manager also provides the following capabilities:
- A framework in which devices can intelligently manage their own power.
- A mechanism for decoupling the power state of a device from the Suspend or the Resume state of the system.
- A module that has a global view of the system environment, power status, and device power states. You can customize the Power Manager to make system-wide decisions about power that are suitable for your device.
In This Section
- Power Management Architecture
Provides information about the power management architecture for Windows Mobile devices.
- Power States
Provides information about the various power states used by Power Manager.
- Power Manager Interfaces
Provides information about the device driver, application, and notification interfaces that Power Manager uses to communicate.
- Device Power Management Guidelines
Provides guidelines and information about managing device power, including device power self-management, adding power management to a device driver, class-qualified device names, and suspend and resume handling.
- Activity Timers
Provides information about activity timers, including events, resets, and general behavior.
- Suspend Timeout Support
Provides information about suspend time-outs for Graphics, Windowing, and Events Subsystem (GWES), Power Manager, and application suspend time-outs.
- Best Practices for Power Management
Provides guidelines for working with the Windows Mobile power management services.
- Power Management Reference
Provides reference information about the power management APIs.
- Windows Mobile Features (Native)
Provides information about device features of the Windows Mobile platform.