A version of this page is also available for
An OBEX client initiates an underlying transport connection to an OBEX server. The following commands are used to establish and release this connection:
- IObexDevice::Connect enables the client to connect to an OBEX server through the OBEX layer. To obtain a list of available devices, the client calls the IObex::EnumDevices method. Each device exposes a Connect method. If an OBEX server does not exist on the device, the connection fails. Transport-specific information is hidden from the user; only the name and address is exposed.
- IObexDevice::Disconnect releases the client/server connection and frees associated resources.
Once a connection is established, the client can issue the following commands:
- IObexDevice::Put pushes data from the local device to the OBEX server.
- IObexDevice::Get pulls data from the OBEX server, providing the server allows this function.
- IObexDevice::Abort terminates a multipacket Put or Get method.
- IObexDevice::SetPath sets the current browsing directory on the OBEX server or creates a new directory.
The following topics contain more information about OBEX client support:
For more information on how these commands are used, see the following examples: