Deployment, Setup, Security and You
The process of getting a Windows Mobile application out to the rest of the world can appear daunting, but this section sets out the steps to follow in order to package and distribute a project. If nothing else, you should read the blog entry below that covers installing the SDK Certificates required to install applications to a device for debugging and testing.
In This Section
- Working with the Windows Mobile Security Model
Understanding the impact that the Windows Mobile Security Model will have on your development process.
Microsoft is not responsible for content on third-party websites. Links are provided for convenience only, and do not constitute an endorsement.
The Windows Mobile Developer Wiki, Deployment Setup Security page.
- Windows Mobile Team
This blog entry explains security, and covers setting up a device for development, including installing the SDK security certificates.
- Deploying Windows Mobile Applications
How to package and install your application on multiple devices.
- Security for Windows Mobile Devices
Topics covering the Windows Mobile Security Model.
- Testing How an Application Will Behave Under Different Security Configurations
Know in advance how security will effect your application.
- Step by Step: Understanding Windows Mobile Security Using the Device Security Manager
Understand the Device Security Manager with this MSDN Lab.
- How Do I: Create a Desktop Project for Installing CAB Files to a Windows Mobile Device?
An MSDN video-based tutorial covering the creation of CAB files.