Windows and Dialog Boxes
Windows and dialog boxes are the foundation of the user interface in the majority of applications. These topics describe the features unique to Windows Mobile applications, due to the form factor and design considerations of portable devices.
In This Section
- How to Create a Full-Screen Window
Demonstrates how you can use a full-screen window to give your application full control over the screen.
- How to Prevent Display of Smart Minimize Buttons in Application Windows
Explains and demonstrates how you can manage the display of title bar icons for your application's top-level windows.
- How to Prevent Display of Smart Minimize and OK Buttons in Dialog Boxes
Explains and demonstrates how you can manage the display of title bar icons for your application's dialog boxes.
- Designing Full-Screen Dialog Boxes
Provides guidelines that can help improve the usability of your application when designing dialog boxes for Windows-Mobile-based devices.
- How to Enable System-defined File Dialog Boxes
Explains how to enable the Open, Rename, Move, and Save As dialog boxes for Windows Mobile devices.
- How to Call a System-defined Dialog Box
Provides a code example showing how to call a system-defined dialog box.
- How to Program Scrolling Controls for Dialog Boxes
Explains how to create a scrollable dialog box.
- Creating Windows Mobile Controls
Provides information about unique controls for Windows Mobile software. These controls are used in the applications included with Windows Mobile devices and are also available for developers to use in their own applications.
- Input Panel Programming Overview
Provides a general description of how developers can use the input panel with their applications as well as design guidelines for creating dialog boxes that use the input panel.