Connection Manager Helper
This code sample is named CmHelper. It demonstrates how to write a simplified Connection Manager client by deriving functionality from a helper class. This results in a client that focuses on only three things:
- where the data is
- whether a proxy is used
- what information to show the user while connecting
- ConnMgrEstablishConnection function
- ConnMgrConnectionStatus function
- ConnMgrReleaseConnection function
- ConnMgrMapURL function
- ConnMgrProviderMessage function
To run the code sample
Navigate to the solution file (*.sln), and double-click it. By default, the solution file is copied to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CPP\MFC\CMHELPER
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 launches and loads the solution.
Build the solution (Ctrl+Shift+B).
Deploy the solution (F5).
To launch the application
On the mobile device, navigate to the Program Files folder, and then to the cmhelper folder.
Launch the executable file, cmhelper.exe.
Using the application
- Type a URL into Network Path.
- If you will be using a proxy server, then check Use proxy if available.
- Click either Check, Connect, or Disconnect. Status details appear in the scrollable text field.
See if you can connect within 4 seconds.
Establish a connection.
Break the connection.
Pocket PC SDK: Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2005.
ActiveSync: Version 4.5.