Best Practices for Windows Mobile Application Compatibility
This section contains guidance for developing applications that are compatible with various Windows Mobile devices and operating system versions.
In This Section
- Create Compatible User Interfaces
Describes techniques for creating user interfaces that are compatible with various Windows Mobile devices.
- Registry and File System Compatibility
Suggests locations for files and registry keys.
- Use the Latest Windows Mobile Technologies
Describes new Windows Mobile technologies that applications should use.
- Compatible Application Installations
Provides information on creating installers and .cab files that will work on various devices.
- Compatible Localization Techniques
Describes .NET Compact Framework features that facilitate the creation of locale-independent applications.
The Windows Mobile Developer Wiki, Application Compatibility page.
- Adapt Your App
Information on supporting multiple devices.
Blog post about a Visual C++ library for supporting multiple screen sizes.
- Using Visual Studio 2005 to Design User Interfaces and Data for Device Applications
Using Visual Studio's IDE to design your application's user interface.
- How To: Enumerate Storage Cards
How to determine storage card names programmatically.