Monitoring Commerce Server Sites
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server and Commerce Server 2002 provide a set of monitoring tools that system administrators can use to monitor the performance of their Commerce Server sites. The tools provided by Windows 2000 Server and Commerce Server help you to analyze site usage. You can use the results of these analyses to fine-tune site performance and accommodate growth.
Planning for and configuring your monitoring tools are the initial steps for monitoring your sites. After you have a monitoring plan in place, see Optimizing Commerce Server for more information about fine-tuning the performance of your sites.
Commerce Server generates events in the Event Viewer snap-in so you can verify that Commerce Server is performing correctly. For more information about Event Viewer and System Monitor, see Windows 2000 Server Help.
This section contains:
- About Site Monitoring. Describes monitoring tools you can use.
- Setting Up Your Monitoring Configuration. Describes how to plan for and configure your monitoring tools.
- Monitoring Production Servers. Describes ways to monitor production servers.
- Monitoring Commerce Site Availability. Provides an availability checklist for monitoring your Site.
- Hardware Performance Counters. Lists the hardware performance counters you should monitor in a Commerce Server 2002 installation.
- Commerce Server Performance Counters. Lists the performance counters available in Commerce Server 2002.
- Predictor Resource Performance Counters. Describes how to use Commerce Server performance counters to monitor the Predictor Resource.