Tablet and PC
Build your app faster.
- Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows has all of the tools you need: Integrated templates make help you quickly create your UI or you can use Expression Blend to design rich user experiences.
- Want to build an app that works on Windows and Windows Phone? It’s easier than ever to reuse your code. Simple code sharing techniques make it efficient to scale your app across devices.
- With a large library of guidelines, samples and tutorials in the Windows dev center you can get up to speed, get input from forums while you build your app, and find everything you need to publish to the Store.
Your app is more than just an icon.
- Are you worried that your app will get lost in a sea of icons? Keep your users engaged by surfacing real-time data on live tiles on the Start screen, use push notifications to get their attention, or show them updates on their lock screen.
- Windows Store apps reflect the modern Microsoft design language. When you build apps for Windows and Windows Phone you don’t just reuse your code—the user experience is consistent across devices. Get inspiration by browsing our gallery of beautiful apps that epitomize Windows Store app design. Make your app stand out – our design resources, including guidelines and design templates for download give you inspiration and the tools to make it real.
Get discovered and downloaded.
- More places, more languages: the Windows Store reaches customers in over 200 countries and regions around the world in which you’d like to offer your app.
- The Windows Store provides a number of ways to monetize your apps. For ad-support use any ad platform you choose or take advantage of Microsoft’s Ad SDK. Free trials help you attract users and boost your sales up to 70 times. Windows Store apps also support in-app purchase.
- We’ve redesigned the Windows Store so it’s easy to find your app. Any app has the chance to get featured in our Spotlight and the Windows Store live tile on the Start screen. Personalized suggestions and category browse help users quickly find what they’re looking for and surface apps that capture their interest.
Take a step:Get startedLearn how to build Windows Store apps.Grab it nowReady to go? Visual Studio Express has everything you need, including the SDK.Build your skillsClass is in. Microsoft Virtual Academy offers free online courses.Learn how
These 1-2 minute videos give Windows developers a quick look at different Windows 8 technologies and how to use them to build great apps.
Localizing Your Windows 8 AppsModify your applications so they can be displayed in multiple languages, and even adapt.Get started with designFind design resources to create something new and beautiful. Get inspired, view design principles and the UX guide, and more.Take your app to marketLearn how the app submission process works and how your app can be successful.PayPal SDK makes in app purchases easyHere's a story you will definitely appreciate if you are a developer looking to earn some extra cash.View allDesigning custom touch interactions
Learn basic framework to build a touch interaction.
Steve “Guggs” Guggenheimer's blogFind out the latest updates from Microsoft's Corporate Vice President of Developer Platform & Evangelism and Chief Evangelist.