The .NET Framework provides a number of basic features that make it easier to deploy a variety of applications. This section briefly describes those features and provides information about packaging and distributing applications with the .NET Framework.
In This Section
- .NET Framework Deployment Features
Provides a brief overview of the deployment features in the .NET Framework
- .NET Framework Deployment Basics
Provides an overview of packaging and distributing .NET Framework applications.
- Deployment Scenarios
Describes several possible deployment scenarios for .NET Framework applications.
- How the Runtime Locates Assemblies
Describes how the common language runtime determines which assembly to use to fulfill a binding request.
- Redistributing the .NET Framework
Describes where to obtain the .NET Framework redistributable package, Dotnetfx.exe, and how to use it to deploy the .NET Framework on user and server computers.
- Deploying XML Web Services
Describes how to deploy an XML Web service.
- Packaging and Deploying Resources
Describes how to package and deploy resources.
- Deploying an Interop Application
Describes how to deploy an interop application.
- Developing a Simple Windows Forms Control
Describes key steps for authoring a custom Windows Forms control.
- Developing a Simple ASP.NET Server Control
Describes key steps for authoring a custom server control.
- Deploying an Application for COM Access
Describes how to deploy applications for use by COM clients.