Knowledge Base Entities
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
Find the latest SDK documentation: CRM 2015 SDK
The knowledge base is a collection of articles with one or more headers. It is searchable by keyword and header text, and also supports a full-text search.
With the knowledge base, you can manage the distribution of product and service information for a business unit. Answers to users' questions can also be stored in the knowledge base. The underlying content organization is displayed in the subject tree.
The knowledge base architecture consists of a metadata-driven repository that makes it possible to link questions to different kinds of content (such as documents, articles, graphics, and Web pages) as document indexes. Also supported is a structured knowledge base article and template system.
The following illustration shows the entity relationships for this area. For more information, see Key to Entity Diagrams.
- States of a Knowledge Base Article
- Creating, Publishing, and Deleting a Knowledge Base Article
- Searching for a Knowledge Base Article
- Article (kbarticle) Entity Capabilities
- Article (kbarticle) Attributes
- Article Comment (kbarticlecomment) Entity Capabilities
- Article Comment (kbarticlecomment) Attributes
- Article Template (kbarticletemplate) Entity Capabilities
- Article Template (kbarticletemplate) Attributes