Create the rule manually
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
For POP3 e-mail servers that support e-mail system rules where an e-mail message can be forwarded as an attachment, you can create the rule manually.
To create the rule manually in Microsoft Office Outlook, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- On the E-mail Rules tab click New Rule.
- Select the Start from a blank rule option, make sure Check messages when they arrive is selected, and then click Next.
- Select where my name is in the To box, and then click Next.
- Select forward it to people or distribution list as an attachment, and then in the Step2: Edit the rule description (click and underlined value) area, click people or distribution list.
- Select the name of your E-mail Router forward mailbox, and then click OK.
- Click Next two times.
- Make sure that the Turn on this rule option is selected, and then click Finish.
- Make sure that the rule is at the top of the list and then click Apply.