Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013 by using a command prompt
Applies To: Dynamics CRM 2013
The following command will install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013:
SetupServer.exe [/Q] [/InstallAlways] [/L [drive:][[path] logfilename.log]] [/config [drive:] [[path] configfilename.xml]]
- Used without parameters, Setup will run with all display screens.
- Quiet mode installation. This parameter requires a configuration file in XML format. The /config parameter contains the name of the XML configuration file. No dialog boxes or error messages will appear on the display screen.
- This parameter forces Setup to ignore the installation state and operate in install mode. When you use this parameter, Setup will try to install on a server where Microsoft Dynamics CRM is already installed.
- Requires a configuration file in XML format specified by the /config parameter. Similar to the /Q parameter, but displays installation progress bars and all error messages.
/L [drive:][[path] logfilename.log]]
- Specifies the location and name of the log file to record installation activity. Additional log files may be created during prerequisites installation and will be located in the path specified. The path value cannot be a relative path, such as ..\..\crmlog.txt. If you do not specify a name or location, a log file will be created in the drive:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs folder, where UserName is the account name of the user running Setup.
/config [drive:] [[path] configfilename.xml]]
- The /config parameter uses the specified XML configuration file to provide Setup with the additional information to complete installation successfully. An example XML configuration file is discussed in the following section. Notice that when you specify a configuration file without the /Q or /QR parameter, Setup screens appear filled with the information from the configuration file.