Test Call Answering Functionality with the Unified Messaging Test Phone
[This is pre-release documentation and subject to change in future releases. This topic's current status is: Milestone-Ready.]
Applies to: Exchange Server 2010 Beta* *Topic Last Modified: 2008-10-26
You can use the Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) Test Phone application to test call answering functionality. The Exchange UM Test Phone application lets you test the functionality of specific Unified Messaging features such as call answering.
Before You Begin
Before you perform this procedure, confirm the following:
- A valid Exchange recipient mailbox has been created and enabled for Unified Messaging.
- A valid UM dial plan has been created.
- A valid UM IP gateway has been created.
- A valid UM hunt group has been created.
- A valid UM mailbox policy has been created.
- The Unified Messaging server has been added to a UM dial plan.
- The Exchange UM Test Phone application has been installed and correctly configured.
For more information about how to set up and configure the Exchange UM Test Phone application, see Set Up the Unified Messaging Test Phone.
To test Unified Messaging call answering by leaving a voice mail message for a user
Open the Exchange UM Test Phone application by double-clicking ExchangeUMTestPhone.exe.
Enter the phone number that you're using to connect to the Unified Messaging server. This number is the pilot number of the UM Hunt Group object. Alternatively, you can leave this field empty.
In Diversion settings, select the Diversion option and enter the extension number of the user's mailbox in the Diversion number field.
Click Make Call to place the call to the user's extension.
In Call Answering mode, the Exchange UM Test Phone application sends the extension number for the user.
When you're prompted, record the voice message using the microphone or by playing a .wav file.
In the user interface for the Exchange UM Test Phone application, click Hang Up to disconnect the call after you complete your call.
For More Information
- For more information about the UM Test Phone, see Testing a Unified Messaging Server with the Unified Messaging Test Phone.
- For more information about how to test Unified Messaging server functionality, see Testing Unified Messaging Server Functionality.