Upgrade Outlook Direct Booking Resource Mailboxes to Exchange 2007
[This is pre-release documentation and subject to change in future releases. This topic's current status is: Writing Not Started.]
This topic explains how to upgrade Microsoft Outlook direct booking resource mailboxes. A resource mailbox is a mailbox that represents conference rooms and company equipment. Resource mailboxes are used for conference room or equipment scheduling. Outlook direct booking resource mailboxes allow you to schedule resources without sending a meeting request. This enables you to schedule appointments in a resource calendar without being logged on to the resource account's mailbox.
Upgrading Outlook direct booking resource mailboxes to Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 involves three steps:
- Use Outlook 2003 to change resource scheduling options.
- Move the resource mailboxes from the Exchange Server 2003 server to an Exchange 2007 server that has the Mailbox server role installed.
- Convert the Outlook direct booking resource mailbox to an Exchange 2007 resource mailbox.
Before You Begin
To perform this procedure, the account you use must be delegated the following:
- Exchange Server Administrators group
- Membership in the local Administrators group
For more information about permissions, delegating roles, and the rights that are required to administer Exchange 2007, see Important: Update for Permissions in Exchange 2010.
To upgrade Outlook direct booking resource mailboxes to Exchange 2007
In the Outlook 2003 direct booking resource mailbox, perform the following steps:
- From the Tools menu, click Options.
- In Options, click Calendar Options.
- In Calendar Options, click Resource Scheduling.
- In Resource Scheduling, clear the Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations check box.
Use the Exchange Management Shell or the Exchange Management Console to move the Outlook 2003 direct booking resource mailboxes from the Exchange 2003 server to an Exchange 2007 server that has the Mailbox server role installed. For detailed instructions, see the following topics:
Moving an Exchange 2003 resource mailbox to an Exchange 2007 server in another forest is not supported.
Convert the Outlook 2003 direct booking resource mailbox to an Exchange 2007 resource mailbox. To do this, run the following command:
Set-MailboxCalendarSettings -Identity TedBremer -AutomateProcessing AutoAccept
For detailed syntax and parameter information, see Set-MailboxCalendarSettings.
For More Information
To learn more about resource mailboxes in Exchange 2007, see Understanding Recipients.
For more information about managing resource mailboxes in Exchange 2007, see Managing Resource Mailboxes.