Set the Size Limit for Public Folder Replication Messages
Applies to: Exchange Server 2010
When you modify a public folder or its contents, the database that contains the replica of the public folder that was changed sends a descriptive e-mail message to the other public folder databases that host a replica of the public folder. To reduce traffic on your network, Exchange includes information about multiple changes in one e-mail message. The amount of information included in these messages depends on the size limit you set for replication messages. If any message exceeds the specified size limit, that message is sent as a separate replication message.
Looking for other management tasks related to public folders? Check out Managing Public Folders.
Use the EMC to set the size limit for public folder replication messages
You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this procedure. To see what permissions you need, see the "Public folders" entry in the Mailbox Permissions topic.
- In the console tree, navigate to Organization Configuration > Mailbox.
- In the result pane, select the public folder database you want to configure.
- In the action pane, click Properties.
- In <Public Folder Database> Properties, click the Replication tab.
- In the Replication message size limit (KB) box, type the message size limit. The value range is from 1 through 2,097,151 kilobytes (KB). The default message size is 300 KB.
- Click OK to close the <Public Folder Database> Properties dialog box and to save your changes.
Use the Shell to set the size limit for public folder replication messages
You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this procedure. To see what permissions you need, see the "Public folder" entry in the Mailbox Permissions topic.
This example sets the public folder replication message size limit to 500 KB for the public folder database PFDatabase that resides on Server01.
Set-PublicFolderDatabase -Identity "Server01\PFDatabase" -ReplicationMessageSize 500
For detailed syntax and parameter information, see Set-PublicFolderDatabase.