Forward Calls from Your Physical Telephone Device to UM
Applies to: Office 365 for enterprises
After you create a UM IP gateway and it points to your physical telephone device, you need to configure your physical telephone device to forward calls to the UM IP gateway, so the two can communicate with each other.
You may also need to do some additional configuration on your physical telephone device to establish communication with UM. Check the instructions for your PBX or IP PBX.
Need more help? Check out the following topics for more help about setting up your telephone system to communicate with UM:
- Checklist: Connect a Traditional PBX to Exchange Online UM
- Checklist: Connect an IP PBX to Exchange Online UM
- Checklist: Connect Lync Server 2010 to Exchange Online UM
- Session Border Controllers Tested with Exchange Online UM
- Understand Secure Cloud UM Infrastructures
- Understanding PBX and IP PBX Configurations
- PBX Configuration Notes Tested by Microsoft or IP Gateway Vendor Partners for Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging
How do I forward calls from a telephone system to UM?
- Select Manage My Organization > Phone & Voice > UM IP Gateways.
- Select the gateway you want to connect to, and then select Details.
- From the Forwarding address box, copy the address of the UM IP gateway.
- Using the instructions for your physical telephone device, configure it to forward calls to UM.
- If you are using a PBX, configure it to talk to a physical IP gateway, and then configure the IP gateway to forward calls to the forwarding address you copied from UM.
- If you are using a session border controller (SBC), configure your IP gateway or IP PBX to communicate with the SBC, and then configure the SBC to forward calls to the forwarding address you copied from UM.
Note If you are connecting to UM using Microsoft Lync Server 2010, you use a Lync Edge Server instead of an SBC to provide additional security for communicating over public networks.