Set Up Unified Messaging in a Hybrid Deployment
Applies to: Office 365 for enterprises
If you want to deploy Unified Messaging (UM) both on-premises and in the cloud, you essentially do two separate deployments: one on-premises and one in the cloud. The following topics explain more about the differences between on-premises and cloud UM, and how to set up your organization for a hybrid UM deployment. For more information about Exchange hybrid deployments, see Exchange Hybrid Deployment and Migration with Office 365.
- Differences Between an On-Premises Deployment of UM and UM Deployment in the Cloud Understanding the differences between an on-premises deployment of UM and UM deployment in the cloud will help you make the transition to the cloud.
- Plan for UM Prepare to set up your organization for using UM both in the cloud and on-premises.
- Plan to Migrate UM-Enabled Mailboxes Learn your options for migrating UM-enabled mailboxes to the cloud.
- Understand Remote Mailbox Move and UM Understand how to most effectively migrate mailboxes that are enabled for UM.
- Map Existing UM Mailbox Policies to the Cloud Learn how to associate, or map, your on-premises UM mailbox policies to UM mailbox policies in the cloud, so migrated mailboxes are automatically UM-enabled.