Set Up POP or IMAP E-Mail on Windows Phone
Applies to: Office 365 for professionals and small businesses, Office 365 for enterprises, Microsoft Exchange, Live@edu
You can set up POP or IMAP e-mail on a Windows Phone mobile phone. If you have a different phone, see Mobile Phone Setup Reference.
How do I set up POP or IMAP E-mail on Windows Phone?
- To set up a POP3 or IMAP4 e-mail account, swipe left from the home screen.
- Tap Settings and then tap E-mail and Accounts.
- Tap Add an Account and select Other Account.
- Enter your e-mail address and password and tap Sign In. Windows Phone will try to configure your e-mail account automatically. If configuration completes successfully, skip to step 7.
- If your e-mail account can't be configured automatically, tap Advanced. You'll need to enter the following information:
- Account name This is a descriptive name for your account.
- Your name Type your name as you want it to appear when you send e-mail messages from your phone.
- **Incoming e-mail server **This is the incoming e-mail server for your account. For instructions for how to find your incoming e-mail server name, see How do I find the server settings? later in this topic.
- **Account type **This will be either POP or IMAP.
- **User name **This is your full e-mail address, for example, email@example.com.
- **Password **This is the password for your e-mail account.
- Outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server This is the outgoing e-mail server name. For instructions for how to find your outgoing server name, see How do I find the server settings? later in this topic.
- Tap Advanced settings and tap to select the boxes Require SSL for incoming mail and Require SSL for outgoing mail.
- Tap Sign In.
How do I find the server settings?
Before you set up a POP3 or IMAP4 e-mail program, you need to look up your own POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server settings.
To find your server settings, sign in to your e-mail account using Outlook Web App. After you sign in, click Options > See All Options > Account > My Account > Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access. The POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server name and other settings you may need to enter are listed on the Protocol Settings page under POP setting or IMAP setting, and SMTP setting.
If you see Not available next to POP setting, IMAP setting, and SMTP setting, your account may not be set up to use POP or IMAP e-mail programs. For more information, contact the person who manages your e-mail account.
What else do I need to know?
If your e-mail account is the type that requires registration, you must register it the first time you sign in to Outlook Web App. Connecting to your e-mail account through a mobile phone will fail if you haven't registered your account through Outlook Web App. After you sign in to your account, sign out. Then try to connect using your mobile phone. For more information about how to sign in to your account using Outlook Web App, see How to Sign In to Outlook Web App. If you have trouble signing in, see FAQs: Sign-in and Password Issues or contact the person who manages your e-mail account.