Exercise 2: Verifying the Notification Registration WCF Service
In this exercise, you will verify an existing registration WCF service builds and runs in your development environment. The WCF service manages the notification registrations. It uses a static collection to maintain the notification registrations.
Task 1 – Beginning the Exercise
In this task, you will open the lab solution in Visual Studio 2010.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the items listed in System Requirements above prior to beginning this exercise.
- Launch Visual Studio 2010 as administrator and open the lab project by selecting File » Open » Project.
- Browse to the WP7.Notification.Events.sln file located at %TrainingKitPath%\Labs\IntegratingNotifications\Source\Before and select it.
- Click Open to open the solution.
Task 2 – Running the Service in Visual Studio 2010
In this task, you will run the NotificationRegistration service to verify it starts correctly.
- In the Solution Explorer, in the NotificationRegistration project, right click ListNotificationChannels.svc and select Set as Start Page.
Press F5 to run the service. The service should start in the WCF Test Harness or display the Service page in the web browser.
NotificationRegistration WCF Test Client
NotificationRegistration WCF Services in Internet Explorer
- In Visual Studio, press Shift + F5 to stop debugging.