Maintaining and Optimizing Visual SourceSafe
As the database administrator for your team, you will most likely be responsible for maintaining the database and optimizing its use. The information and procedures presented in this topic will provide you with help in database maintenance and optimization of your team environment.
In This Section
- Optimizations for Performance
Describes ways you can optimize a Visual SourceSafe database for performance.
- Best Practices for Preventing Data Corruption
Provides useful pointers for preventing data corruption.
- How to: Archive a Database
Tells how to archive (back up) a Visual SourceSafe database.
- How to: Clean Up Temporary Files
Provides a procedure for deleting temporary files.
- How to: Find and Repair Data Corruption
Tells how to locate and repair data corruption using the ANALYZE utility.
- How to: Reduce the Size of a Database
Provides instructions for reducing database size, to enhance performance.
- How to: Restore a Database from an Archive
Describes how you can restore a database from an archive.
- How to: Split a Database
Provides procedures for splitting a Visual SourceSafe database.
- How to: Upgrade a Database
Tells how you can upgrade a database, or undo an upgrade.
- Command Line Reference
Describes each Visual SourceSafe command, the options with which it can be combined, and examples of its use.
- Managing Your Team Using Visual SourceSafe
Includes setup and security information and procedures that you should use in introducing your team to Visual SourceSafe and in ongoing team management.
- Maintenance Tools
Describes maintenance utilities provided with Visual SourceSafe.
- Using the Visual SourceSafe Command Line
Provides details of Visual SourceSafe commands and tells how to use them from the command line.