Team Foundation Administration Walkthroughs
This section contains walkthroughs that demonstrate common activities for administrators, as well as walkthroughs for some of the more complex tasks administrators might be asked to perform. These walkthroughs are intended to provide general guidance, and might contain steps that could change depending on the specifics of your individual deployment.
In This Section
- Walkthrough: Setting up Groups and Permissions
Demonstrates how to add new security groups and configure their permissions in Team Foundation.
- Walkthrough: Backing Up and Restoring a Team Foundation Server
Demonstrates how to back up and restore a Team Foundation server.
- Walkthrough: Setting up a Remote Office with Team Foundation Server
Demonstrates how to set up a remote office to work with your Team Foundation Server deployment.
- Walkthrough: Customizing Check-in Policies and Notes
Demonstrates how to define check-in notes and check-in policies for Team Foundation source control.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Build Type in Team Foundation Build
Demonstrates how to create and configure a build type in Team Foundation Build. These configuration settings include where to retrieve the source code, what computer is specified to build upon, and into what directory to drop the compiled bits.
- Walkthrough: Setting up Team Foundation Server with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Demonstrates how to configure Team Foundation Server and Team Foundation to use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and HTTPS in addition to using HTTP.