Branching and Merging Team Foundation Source Control
This section describes how to branch Team Foundation source control trees and how to merge source-controlled items.
In This Section
- Understanding Branching
Describes branching a Team Foundation source control tree.
- How to: Branch Files and Folders
Explains the procedure used to branch files and folders using Team Foundation source control.
- Understanding Merging
Describes merging files and folders in Team Foundation source control.
- How to: Merge Files and Folders
Explains the procedure used to merge files and folders using Team Foundation source control.
- How to: Associate a File Type with a Merge Tool
Describes the steps used to specify the file type extensions associated with merging.
- Comparing Files in Source Control
Explains how to compare or diff files, folders, and shelvesets.
- Resolving Conflicts (Team Foundation Source Control)
Lists topics on resolving merge, check-in, and get conflicts.
- Team Foundation Source Control Walkthroughs
Lists walkthroughs which explore using source control, customizing a source control check in, and using source control from the command line.